Picture this: After a long flight that just landed at JFK Airport, all you want now is a quiet and comfortable spot to rest your eyes for a few hours before catching your next flight. As one of the busiest airports in the world, John F. Kennedy International Airport certainly has its unique challenges, but also offers a variety of amenities that can make airport sleeping a pleasant endeavor. In this comprehensive review, we will be discussing the available options and general tips to help you catch some much-needed z’s at JFK Airport! So, if you are planning to sleep over at JFK Airport or simply interested in exploring modern airport sleeping solutions, keep reading!
JFK Airport Review Table of Contents
Sleeping Options at JFK Airport
While JFK Airport currently does not have any dedicated “sleeping pods” or in-airport hotels, the following options are available for you to get some shut-eye during your layover:
1. Public Seating Areas – JFK Airport has six terminals with various public seating areas, most of which are located pre-security. The gate areas in Terminal 1 and Terminal 4 are reported to be relatively quieter during the night, with more comfortable seating options, such as cushioned benches and reclining seats.
2. Resting Lounges – JFK Airport has several airline lounges, where you can relax and access comfortable seating areas and complimentary snacks. Keep in mind, though, that you may need to be flying business class or have a specific membership to access these lounges.
3. Hotels near the Airport – There are numerous hotels located in close proximity to JFK Airport, offering comfortable rooms and facilities. Free airport shuttle services are provided by many, and booking can be done online or via phone.
Amenities Available at JFK Airport
While you may be primarily interested in sleeping options, JFK Airport provides several amenities to help make your overall stay more comfortable and enjoyable:
1. Food and Drinks – JFK offers a wide variety of dining options, from fast food chains to sit-down restaurants, cafes, and bars. 24-hour food options are available in Terminal 4.
2. Connectivity – The airport provides free Wi-Fi for up to 4 hours, allowing you to stay connected, entertained, and occupied during your layover.
3. Charging Stations – JFK has numerous charging stations for your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, so you can keep your devices charged while you rest.
4. Shower Facilities – Need to freshen up? Shower facilities can be found at specific airline lounges (for eligible passengers) or at nearby hotels with day use packages.
JFK Airport Review Example
Let’s say you just landed at JFK Airport’s Terminal 1 after a 10-hour flight, and your next flight isn’t for another 6 hours. Here’s a possible plan for you:
1. Find a quieter seating area in Terminal 1 to rest for a couple of hours, preferably with cushioned seating.
2. Freshen up and grab a meal at one of the restaurants in the terminal, exploring the various cuisines available.
3. Head to one of the airline lounges (if eligible) or find charging stations to charge your devices, connect with friends and family, and catch up on the latest news.
JFK Airport may not have dedicated sleeping pods just yet, but there are still several ways to catch some sleep and relax before or after a flight. Whether you choose to rest in a public seating area, an airline lounge, or at a nearby hotel, remember to plan ahead and ensure you have everything you need to make your layover as pleasant as possible.
We hope you found this JFK Airport review helpful and informative! Please feel free to share this post with fellow travelers and explore other guides on Airport Sleeping Pods to discover even more tips and tricks to make your airport sleeping experience a breeze!